Modern standard strollers are designed for everyday use, mostly in the city, but some of them are also suitable for all types of terrain.
There are dozens of standard, convertible strollers on the market right now. Here I present you only the most reliable modern stroller, highly rated by customers.
Peg Perego is an international brand specializing in mid-to-high range strollers and baby products. The brand’s Italian origins are quite evident through the flamboyant designs and almost feverish obsession with quality. The company was founded in 1949 by Giuseppe Perego, who built a custom stroller for his newborn son, Lucio (current President of the organization). The stroller was a grand success and there was no looking back after that.
Peg Perego offers a wide range of strollers for in a variety of configurations.
What is Here?
- 1 Best Peg Perego Stroller Reviews
- 1.1 1- Peg Perego Booklet – Premium Stroller
- 1.2 2- Peg Perego Team stroller – Convertible Stroller
- 1.3 3- Peg Perego Book for Two Baby Stroller – Double Stroller
- 1.4 4- Peg Perego Booklet – Travel System
- 1.5 5- Peg Perego Book Cross - Compact Fold
- 1.6 6- Peg Perego Pliko Mini - Lightweight Stroller
- 1.7 Technical features
- 2 Final Words
Best Peg Perego Stroller Reviews
Searching for a versatile stroller that you can use to carry your baby from day one until preschool? If so, then you are in the right corner of the World Wide Web. This is because, in this post, I have compiled the best convertible strollers in the entire globe.
1- Peg Perego Booklet – Premium Stroller
The Booklet is a very premium 2019 stroller. The stroller is made of a lightweight aluminum frame that simultaneously makes it sturdy and portable. It is sturdy because the aluminum used is sturdy and portable because it is very light (weighs only 19.6 pounds). Since it is sturdy, you will be able to use it for a long time and since it is portable, lifting it into your car trunk or carrying it upstairs will not be difficult.
Moreover it has nice slim design which makes maneuvering through tight spaces, shopping aisles or crowded sidewalks much more easy.
The Peg Perego Booklet Stroller can also be an option for parents who, for any reason, don’t own a car seat. The backrest can recline to almost flat and is safe to accommodate your newborn. It can also grow with your child until three years old.
- The Booklet has a four-wheel smooth drive system. The front wheels can either be swiveling or locked. The rear wheels are fixed.
- This stroller has a brilliant suspension system on it that cushions rides on difficult terrains. However, it is only meant for use on urban flat terrains as its wheels are small and not inflated.
- The Booklet can be folded with one hand to look like a book-fold.
- The stroller can freely stand alone so you can attend to other things without worrying about the stroller falling to the ground.
- The upholstery is made with polyester and easy to wipe clean. You can also remove it and wash them.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Easy to carry around.
- Canopy locks in places firmly.
- Wide seat area.
- Works great for parents who often use public transportation.
- One hand folded.
- Not easy to unfold with one hand.
- Pretty short seat back.
- The seat is not very suitable for babies under 6 months as it is very wide.
- Canopy is not as oversized as many parents prefer but it is sufficient.
2- Peg Perego Team stroller – Convertible Stroller
A stylish and well-made stroller that switches from a single to a double and folds easily, but comes with a hefty price tag. What’s really awesome is that Peg Perego Team comes with a regular toddler seat and a bassinet therefore you have everything to use it right from day one.
An innovative stroller for new parents-to-be that are looking for the best single stroller to enjoy their parenthood journey without limitations and for families that are considering a stroller that upgrades to a double stroller.
- A modern look with an elegant sleek frame, large polyurethane tires and a large basket sized to fit all of life’s essentials.
- The bassinet is approved for overnight sleep, has adjustable headrest – for babies with reflux and folds up flat for easier storage and transportation.
- The seat is reversible (allowing child to face you or the world ahead) and has an extra-large UPF 50+ canopy to keep little ones protected from the elements.
- Allows parents to swivel or straighten wheels without having to bend over and touch front wheels.
- When using this stroller for baby and toddler, bassinet/infant car seat can be attached on top.
- Foldable bassinet with adjustable headrest – included in the basic set.
- Telescoping handlebar.
- Easily converts from single to double.
- The push is smooth.
- In a double mode access to the basket is more difficult.
- Heavy stroller.
- Unfolding is a bit tricky and requires using both hands.
3- Peg Perego Book for Two Baby Stroller – Double Stroller
Peg Perego Book for Two is a quality double stroller that is created specifically to follow the Book series from Peg Perego. Obviously, the main change is that it allows you to carry 2 babies instead of one. They still have the same fold and features.
It folds inward like a book with just one hand and with a width of just 29 inches, fits easily through most standard doorways. Not only is this double stroller compact, it comfortably sits two young children up to 45 pounds each. The independent adjustable backrests and footrests allow each child to travel at their own comfort level.
- One of the most unique features of the Book for Two is the capability to hold up to two Primo Viaggio 4/35 car seats. This allows parents to use the stroller as a travel system with twins from birth.
- The Book for Two is great for rough terrain. It can handle bumps and uneven roads without affecting the children, thanks to the shock-absorbers on all its wheels.
- The brakes for the Peg Perego Book for Two are very good, you just have a small level to operate them and that’s it.
- Unlike most strollers (mostly umbrella) that have 3 handles, the Book for Two only has a single bar that you can push anywhere on. This helps you adjust where you need to push, depending on where the heavier child is seated.
- Can be used from birth
- The seats can accommodate a tall child.
- Lots of storage pockets and large basket with 3 pocket dividers.
- Parents of different heights can use this stroller comfortably.
- It has a big storage compartment so you can bring more of your things.
- Big even when folded and will take up a lot of trunk space.
- Hard to check in on your child since the peek-a-boo window is plastic and placed at the 2nd panel.
4- Peg Perego Booklet – Travel System
The travel system is made up of the Booklet stroller plus Prima Viaggio 4-35 infant car seat. The seat latches onto the stroller frame without the need for any external adapter. The easy-folding design process means that you don’t need to worry about cleaning the upholstery. The ball bearings and the suspension system of the stroller are such that it provides 360° agility.
The easy loading storage basket allows you to load all the necessities which you want to carry along with you. The large and practical design provides plenty of space not just for the baby but the essentials as well.
- Peg Perego Booklet Travel System is just 20 inches wide, providing effortless steering and mobility through narrow store aisles or crowded sidewalks.
- The wheels have ball bearings and a suspension system which means that the stroller can be pushed easily while smoothly overcoming bumps and uneven surfaces.
- Car seat includes adjustable Side Impact Protection that easily adjusts to 6 different positions with no re-threading required, ensuring the best and safest fit.
- Innovative design allows for quick and easy fold that closes inward, always keeping upholstery clean.
- Dual stage cushion system.
- Forward-facing seat.
- Suspension for pliant strolling.
- Multi-position reclining seat.
- Compact, freestanding fold position with auto locking.
- Seat is not reversible.
5- Peg Perego Book Cross - Compact Fold
Stroll anywhere in style with the Book Cross. Three large, high-performance wide-tread wheels allow the stroller to conquer all types of terrain with ease. Sophisticated, yet durable, fabrics complement the rugged design of the Book Cross. The bumper bar is outfitted with Prima Classe upholstery while the large protective hood includes a “peek-a-boo” window with magnetic closure.
Perfect for active, outdoor loving families, the Peg Perego Book Cross Stroller delivers rugged Italian styling plus topnotch handling and riding performance on paved streets, or bumpy.
- The ball bearings and suspensions give baby a comfortable and smooth ride over rough surfaces.
- Located on the adjustable handlebar is a hand-controlled dynamic brake that allows parents quick access to the rear braking system.
- The Book Cross has built-in anchors that allow it to turn into a travel system with the Primo Viaggio car seat, without the need for adapters.
- Allows parents to swivel or straighten wheel without having to bend over and touch the front wheel.
- Keep baby protected with the large hood that includes a mesh insert that provides extra ventilation and a magnetic 'peek-a-boo' window.
- 5-point safety harness with cushioned shoulder and crotch straps.
- Wide and comfortable padded seating.
- Swivel-locking front wheel with remote control.
- Hand-controlled brake.
- Compact Fold.
- Can't see anything through the plastic window.
- Not a very compact folding.
6- Peg Perego Pliko Mini - Lightweight Stroller
Looking for a great lightweight stroller? Peg Perego Pliko mini is very traveling friendly and not too heavy. There are no limits to your outdoor adventures with the Peg Perego Pliko Mini. It can be with you when you go to kindergarten, when you're shopping and when you are getting in and out of the car. Its compact size, light weight and great practicality will offer you infinite freedom.
The Piko Mini only weighs 12 lbs, but it has all of the classic Pliko qualities. It's the youngest member of the Peg Perego Pliko family but it can stand up alone, guaranteeing perfect hygiene at all times, even when you need to "park" it.
- Lightest stroller in the Peg Perego family. 13 pounds only. The Peg Perego Pliko Mini easily goes where you want to, especially in urban environments.
- The Pliko Mini has a signature 5-point harness securing your child in the seat.
- The stroller has a fully supported, three-position backrest that reclines at nearly 150°, but not completely flat.
- The Pliko Mini features a one-hand folding feature. It allows easy, quick closing and carrying, and being lightweight, it is the perfect stroller for traveling by air or public transportation.
- 5-point harness with an adjustable crotch strap.
- Telescopic handlebar with height adjust.
- Soft yet elegant fabric.
- An auto-lock.
- Self standing stroller.
- Cannot be converted into a travel system.
- Wobble on bumpy sidewalks.
Peg Perego has a mission to make life easier for parents and reflect Italy in its designs. The brand continues to create innovative products to suit every lifestyle — whether you’re always on-the-go or live a quiet suburban life.
The Peg Perego stroller is one of the most expensive options on the market but there is good reason. There are a lot of features packed into this one stroller that puts comfort at the forefront for both children and parents.
You can pick any one of the strollers on this list, and I am half sure that you will be very impressed with the quality and the multi-functionality of the stroller you choose.