Whether you’re trying to find a stroller for your growing baby or if you’re looking for something that can carry both of your little ones, there’s bound to be a convertible stroller for you.
The best convertible stroller can save you the hassle and money of buying a new stroller when the baby outgrows the pram stage. But how to choose the best convertible stroller?
In this article, we’ve got a list of some of the top products and detailed reviews as we count down the very best options. To decide which to recommend, we’ve looked into a number of different factors.
What is Here?
- 1 Best Convertible Strollers Review 2020
- 2 Cybex Balios S Convertible Stroller
- 3 Baby Trend Sit and Stand Convertible Stroller
- 4 UPPAbaby Vista Henry Convertible Stroller 2020
- 5 Graco Room for 2 Stand & Ride Convertible Stroller
- 6 Chicco Urban Stroller
- 7 Roan Rocco Classic Pram Stroller
- 8 Cynebaby City Select Convertible Baby Stroller
- 9 Advantages of Getting Best Convertible Stroller
What is a Convertible Stroller?
When it comes to the definition of a convertible stroller, there’s a really big gray area. That is – no one really has a set definition as it can change from design to design.
These strollers are designed to grow with your baby, this type of stroller converts from a pram to a buggy in a blink of an eye. There are even models designed to convert from a single to a double stroller and meet the needs of a growing family.
Best Convertible Strollers Review 2020
Our team has spent many hours researching various ranges of best convertible strollers in order to bring you the best. Learn more about the most notable choices on the market and what I think about each one by reading through this definitive guide.
Cybex Balios S is a smooth and easy stroller used up to 17 kg or until the child is about 4 years old. Balios S has a reversible seat. As easy as possible, turn around that suits you and the child best.
Cybex Balios S is a perfect baby carriage that takes up little space, as it becomes really compact and stand-alone when folded smoothly with a hand, making it easier to hide.
- Balios S is the best choice for the newborn baby to 4-year-old baby. If you are buying the Stroller for the newborn baby and want to figure out the reclining stroller, then go and buy this recline stroller with closed eyes.
- All the wheels are terrain which gives a smooth ride to the baby. Moreover, on the rough roads or when go hiking these strollers will not feel more jumps to the baby and provide a safe trip.
- Reversible seat with rest position in both directions.
- Separate canopies will help you from sunlight and heat protection.
Are you looking for a stroller that would be a smart investment, serve you for years and grow with your family? You’re in the right place! Baby Trend Sit and Stand Convertible Stroller may be just what you need.
This model is intended for everyday use and is perfect for parents who want to have an all-in-one stroller instead of having to buy a couple of specialized strollers. The Baby Trend Sit and Stand Convertible Stroller adjust to the need of any family.
- This stroller features two reclining seats.
- The seats can be adjusted and configured in numerous ways, based on your preferences.
- The toddler seats feature a multi-position recline that can easily be adjusted with the lever on the back, and they are also reversible.
- Another very useful feature are the lockable swiveling wheels that increase stroller stability and give parents better control of the stroller.
- There is a 5-point harness with two separate shoulder straps that click independently into the buckle.
- It is suitable for newborns, babies, and even toddlers.
When it comes to strollers, the UPPAbaby Vista 2018 edition is the Cadillac of all strollers. The high quality materials that are used to craft it really shine bright in the 2018 model, and it is made to last your growing family for years.
A durable model that is also stylish and highly functional. It is a stroller that will grow with your kiddo. The Vista comes with an all-in-one frame that is able to support a car seat (with the right adapter), toddler seat and an infant bassinet.
- It has ability to hold more than one child; I like this stroller for those that have twins. All you would have to do is purchase another seat and off you go.
- The seat of the Vista can recline to multiple positions and it can face the rear or the front of the stroller as needed.
- You can convert your vista stroller into a double travel system stroller by attaching two infant car seats to it.
- It is also great because you can make the handlebar short, to make it fit in tight places that other strollers won’t.
- All four wheels swivel and are foam free and puncture free. This means you will not have to worry about punctures and flats.
As age gaps widen between children, the Sit n Stand stroller is proving to be a popular stroller option. These strollers have the benefit of being able to let sleeping babies rest and keep fussy toddlers happy and secure all in the one stroller.
The Graco RoomFor2 is ideal for walking and running errands with two children, with front and rear seats that each holds a child up to 50 pounds. This is truly a great, rather sporty looking stroller with a lot going for it.
- The Graco Room for 2 Classic Connect and Click Connect Stand and Ride Stroller offers front and rear seats that each hold a child up to 50 pounds.
- The front seat features a multi-position recline, which can be placed in a fully flat position for nap time.
- Designed with busy parents and caregivers in mind, the stroller offers a one-handed fold that locks for quick storage.
- The front seat features a convertible 3- to 5-point harness that adapts to your growing child. The rear seat offers a three-point harness for the padded bench.
- Graco Convertible Stroller has lockable front swivel wheels with suspension for easy maneuverability.
Coming from one of the biggest brands in the baby gear industry, the Chicco Urban Stroller is a reliable, durable, and efficient purchase that can give you and your baby many long years of comfortable and easy use.
Chicco Urban 6-in-1 baby stroller is a convenient and versatile stroller that can serve the needs of newborns and big toddlers. It comes with six different modes that are very easy to convert!
- With the six modes, you can change the stroller from a bassinet carrier for your baby to a travel car seat stroller as he gets a bit bigger and into a toddler stroller as he about to reach three to four years old.
- 6-in-1 stroller functions as a front or rear facing car seat carrier, a front or rear facing pram, or a front or rear facing toddler stroller all in one.
- Adjustable handlebar angle and length make it ideal for babies with more caregivers than one, so everyone can achieve a custom height that meets their comfort.
- Extra durable construction characteristic of Chicco, so you can be certain that you’re getting gear that’s built to last.
The multi-terrain pram Rocco offers optimal features and modern style to use all year around. Optimal for parents looking for the advantages of a pram and modern features. The chassis can be folded for transportation. Comfortable suspension allows you to gentle rock your baby.
The first thing you notice about this classic pram is just how strong and well built it is. It really is built like a tank. It’s also a very clever design as it can be used as a pram, bassinet and car seat and it is very easy to go between the three different modes.
- The bassinet/seat is both spacious and incredibly comfortable. It uses very soft materials and a ton of padding.
- The suspension offers a rocking option to help cradle your baby to sleep while you’re on the go.
- The Rocco features a very secure 5-point harness system that locks easily and safely into place. The dual brakes on the back are equally sturdy and locks the pram very firmly into place.
- Large rubber rear wheels make it easier to take the stroller on uneven and even challenging terrain.
- Hood has a ventilation feature that you can choose to open or close to provide your baby a comfortable climate inside the pram.
Often when making a buying decision like that of a best convertible strollers, you will find yourself looking at function more than looks, but it is great to have something which stands out too, and the indication of quality you get from the way this stroller looks is matched by its good quality features.
Featuring some of the same qualities as the other Cynebaby stroller I discussed earlier, the City Select model takes it up a notch by using lightweight materials to achieve the same seamless functionality with a lighter frame and build.
- It can be used in either the bassinet style perfect for younger infants or turned into more of a pushchair.
- There is plenty of storage on the bottom for your shopping or just for including your diaper bag.
- Swivelling front wheels feature a suspension spring that reduces the impact on uneven roads.
- Adjustable handlebar lets you set the stroller to rear facing or front facing.
Advantages of Getting Best Convertible Stroller
Best convertible stroller can save you the hassle and cost of having to buy multiple strollers in a relatively short space of time. Though a lot of the products on our list are convertible in different ways, most of them have a setting which suits newborns such as a bassinet style stroller, or can quickly turn the stroller into more of a pushchair design, which is more suited to 2-4 year olds and toddlers rather than tiny children. Other convertible products can have some exceptional ideas and features which can further save you time and money. For instance, some can transform into double or even triple strollers as your family grows and this means you don’t need to replace the stroller. If this is something you’re after, do some research on stroller wagons if you haven’t before – they’re a highly versatile option that is becoming increasingly popular amongst parents, as they can accommodate multiple kids of different ages, whilst being incredibly fun to use!
Things to Consider Before Buying a Convertible Stroller
A convertible stroller converts from a single to a double stroller, and vice versa. It’s almost like magic. If you are a parent that likes to get your money’s worth, a convertible stroller might just be the thing for you. Because they are very versatile, convertible strollers come at a great value.
As with any stroller, the first thing you need to be happy with is the way your stroller looks. You won’t enjoy pushing a stroller that doesn’t aesthetically suit you, no matter how good it is. And that’s just the beginning.
Think about what the position in which you want your children to sit. Do you want them to face the world, or do you want them to face you? Some strollers have both options, but that feature usually comes at the expense of some others. Make sure that there is enough space between the two seats. Leg room is essential for your baby’s comfort. Check if both of your kids will be able to recline deep enough for a quality nap.
Anything you plan to put your child in for transportation purposes simply must be safe. And there are many things to consider when choosing the stroller. The chassis, or frame, is the first to check. Make sure it’s sturdy yet lightweight stroller. Frames made of aluminum alloy are preferred by many parents.
These often come in the form of adjustable belts and harness systems, which should be not only sturdy but comfortable and padded so that your child doesn’t mind wearing them.
The functionality of the convertible stroller depends on the type. Choosing the right type is simple once you consider your lifestyle and future expectations.
Some strollers are more convertible than others. Some will simply be able to convert from facing backwards to forwards, whereas others will have the capacity to add extra seats, or even have 360-degree facing capabilities.
A functional stroller is one that is easy to maneuver and handle. Consider the weight, the wheels, and the overall maneuverability before buying. The convertible stroller should also collapse easily and, ideally, stand alone when folded.
Convertible functions should be considered not just in terms of how many different features you need and how flexible your stroller can be. You must also consider how simple it is to make these conversions.
The weight capacity of a stroller should be considered, and this will dictate how long you can use the stroller for. Many convertible strollers can be used from birth, all the way up until a child hits the weight capacity. So, if you have a stroller with 20 lb capacity it will see a lot less use than one that can hold kids until they weigh up to 40 or 50 lb.
The main reason to consider the dimensions is the portability of a product as well as how simple it will be to push around. Imagine taking to the shops with an absolutely huge stroller, it can be cumbersome and get in the way. It will also take up a lot of space should you plan to leave your stroller anywhere.
A stroller which can fold is basically a must. Most of us need to transport the stroller with us wherever we go, and take it on public transport, in the car, even on planes.
A nice bonus when it comes to keeping your children safe is the number of reclining positions. The positions should go as far as flat or almost flat, which is better for younger kids, but if it has more options then this can be a real plus point and ticks a big box.
Convertible strollers can be quite expensive. However, they are a great investment for families who want to use a stroller for many years. Buying a stroller can be compared to buying a second or third car.
They may first seem expensive, but you need to remember that you are entrusting them to keep your child comfortable and safe.
Therefore, you need to ensure that the selected stroller meets the two main considerations. It should also be easy to fold, easy to clean and meet your budget.
Hopefully our guide should make your buying decision extremely simple. A little research can help you to find which stroller may be most suitable for your child or children, as you can consider which features are most useful for your own particular scenario and requirements.