If you are looking for the best beach stroller then this is definitely the right guide to read.
Everybody loves the beach, especially when it’s sunny and the weather is perfect.
If you’re thinking about taking your kids for a fun day at the beach, then you might want to take a look at getting a good beach stroller. That way, you get all of the sunshine and scenery, while also reducing the hassle factor.
When you go shopping for a beach stroller, keep in mind that you are looking for a stroller that is not only suitable for beach outings or commuting in the city.
Luckily, we’ve created a list of some of the best beach strollers on the market so that you can save yourself a literal pain in the neck.
What is Here?
- 1 Our Pick for Best Beach Strollers 2020
- 2 Top 7 Best Beach Stroller
- 3 BOB Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller – Best Beach Stroller 2020
- 4 Pacific Cycle Schwinn Turismo – Best Infant Beach Stroller
- 5 Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller – Best Beach Baby Stroller
- 6 Baby Trend Expedition Stroller – Best Stroller for Beach Vacation
- 7 Costzon Baby Jogger Stroller – Best Stroller for Beach Sand
- 8 Graco Fastaction Fold Click Connect – Best Beach Travel Stroller
- 9 Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight – Best Beach Jogging Stroller
- 10 Beach Stroller VS Regular Stroller
- 11 Features to Look For When Buying a Beach Stroller
- 12 Final Words
Tips for Choosing the Best Stroller for the Beach
For all types we advise you to pay attention to small details which are however crucial for your and the small passenger’s comfort :
- The fabrics must be easily removable to guarantee rapid and effective cleaning from sand and sweat.
- The hood must be UV50 + , now available in almost all strollers, and, preferably very wide or with a sunshade.
- A storage basket is very useful for storing beach toys and sunscreen.
- A drink holder is a precious help to put away the thermal bottle with fresh water, essential for the hydration of your child.
Our Pick for Best Beach Strollers 2020
All of the strollers included below are great for going off road, and will handle the beach quite well. I have included strollers as several different price points. Some of the higher end ones work really well on any terrain, including the beach. Some of the less expensive ones would make great dedicated beach strollers, and will also work decently on harder terrains.
Top 7 Best Beach Stroller
BOB Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller – Best Beach Stroller 2020
The BoB Revolution Flex Stroller is an exceptional stroller for the beach or everyday use. So the stroller saves you from buying multiple strollers that you like to buy. The stroller has adjustable suspension and large wheels which are secured and comfortable for your child. Though you are in the mall, at beach or in the crowded place that is not a factor at all.
This Revolution FLEX Jogger Stroller is great for exercising with, you can run for miles on beach with it and you will find it turn bends even with the front wheel lock in place. If you are wandering around town, undo the lock for those sharp turns and corners. The seat has several recline settings, going nearly all the way back to a 90-degree sitting angle which your infant will love.
The highest weight capacity of the stroller is 75 pounds. And maximum child height is 44 inches. So better not to exceed height or weight, as stroller may become unstable and tip resulting in severe injury.
The most unusual feature of this stroller is the adjustable handle bar; from 4ft 10” to 6ft 3” you can adjust the handle bar to your height. Also, it is padded and comfortable to use. You can turn the stroller into a transport system by attaching a car seat like the BOB be safe 35 by Brittax, be sure to get the right adaptor.
- Brake-activated by foot ensures instantly stopped options.
- Front wheel swivels are adjusted to move ahead and look forward to developing stability at the time of jogging or rough terrain.
- Adjustable suspension system – 2 stages of weight support and 3 inches of travel.
- Can be paired with BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter.
- Extra large canopy with large viewing window – Also UPF 50+.
Pacific Cycle Schwinn Turismo – Best Infant Beach Stroller
The Pacific Cycle Schwinn Turismo Swivel Single Jogger is really one of the best beach stroller of its kind because of certain reasons. This product has an aluminium frame which is not that heavy and makes it very easier for handling purposes.
The stroller is comparatively cheaper as compared to other strollers. The straps are very strong for holding the baby. This stroller has a lock system under the handle which can also be unlocked very easily. The most unique feature of this product is that it has a built-in mp3 speaker which keeps the baby entertained.
The spring suspensions offer a smooth ride for the children. The cup holder contains tabs made out of rubber so as to hold water bottles and drinks in a proper position.
Working for children up to 50 lbs., this stroller is a swivel-wheel single Jogger with wide tires that can handle all types of terrain, including sand. The Pacific Cycle Schwinn Turismo Swivel Single Jogger has a dual trigger folding mechanism for extra safety, and a manual locking front wheel for effortless swivel.
A feature that you don’t see in many strollers, a built-in MP3 player, received extra praise from parents, as it helps to keep your little one entertained.
If you are looking for a quality stroller within a definite price range then this one is the right choice for you. At this price range I think this stroller is the best one can ever get. So don’t worry you can order this stroller for your baby and you will surely get some valuable results.
- The front wheel is very strong and well built.
- The handles have rubber coating so as to provide a better grip.
- It has a rain visor made of plastic material to protect your child from rain.
- The stroller also contains a storage basket which has a lot of space in it and it can be removed when not required.
- The stroller is also very easy to assemble, and many parents mentioned that they can haul a lot of luggage with this stroller effortlessly.
- This product has a warranty of 5 years which would surely interest you to buy it.
Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller – Best Beach Baby Stroller
Sleek, streamlined, and sublime, the Thule Urban Glide Jogging Stroller is one of the most handsome looking stroller for beach. The Thule Urban Glide is another great jogger that costs a bit more than it’s competitors, but what you get in return is worth it if you use it often.
The Thule Urban Glide 2 is a racy little number; this is as nice a beach stroller as most people need when they go to sandy place. It has excellent handbrakes, an adjustable handlebar, a more enveloping sunshade and a one-handed recline mechanism on the seat.
- Ergonomic handlebar can be held in a number of different ways to meet the preferences and the height of different users.
- The large size makes the stroller very easy to push and it rolls smoothly over sand.
- Front wheel has locking mechanism and tracking adjustment dial.
- Handlebar padding repels water, but can also be easily removed for cleaning and maintenance.
- Seat reclines to near flat configuration for better comfort when your child falls asleep.
Baby Trend Expedition Stroller – Best Stroller for Beach Vacation
The Baby Trend Expedition Stroller is truly built for the adventurous parents with its large bicycle-style tires that easily move over all kinds of surfaces.
This stroller has back wheel brakes located conveniently at the foot of the person steering it but doesn’t come with a hand brake. An affordable option for parents who want a high-quality all-terrain stroller without breaking the bank, this model is a good option for those who want to go for a run with their baby.
This stroller folds easily and has a lightweight steel frame. It is high in safety due to its 5-point safety harness and tether strapping. There are reflective footrests to provided added safety in low-light visibility.
- Just like the BOB Revolution, the front wheel can either swivel when maneuvering or lock for when you’re jogging.
- This stroller’s maximum weight for use is 50 pounds and uses an adaptor to transform into a travel system with the addition of your car seat.
- The stroller comes with an extra-large under-seat storage bin where parents can fit large diaper bags or their shopping bags.
- The seat is extra comfortable in this stroller as well, and you also get a secure, 5-point harness for keeping your child locked in comfortably.
- There are reflective footrests to provided added safety in low-light visibility.
Costzon Baby Jogger Stroller – Best Stroller for Beach Sand
This baby stroller allows you to take your baby on a jog, as well as a walk on beach. It combines functionality with a range of storage options and a budget-friendly price compare to many similar products on the market.
It comes complete with a deluxe parent tray and a small Smartphone cradle for the 21st century mom or dad. The extra storage space underneath is excellent for storing away any gear that you don’t want to carry, such as snacks or diapers.
- The tires of this stroller measure 12 inches for the front and 16 inches for the rear, and many parents mentioned that they are very easy to push on sidewalks, beach or parks because they can easily grip most surfaces.
- The canopy is one of the main selling points of the Costzon Baby Jogger Stroller because it can be adjusted into multiple positions and extended to almost all the way down.
- The stroller offers an easy storing option. You can remove rear wheel to create extra space.
- This is a lightweight stroller, which makes it easier to carry. This feature is helpful when you want to travel with your baby.
- It has large air filled rubber wheels.
Graco Fastaction Fold Click Connect – Best Beach Travel Stroller
This Graco all terrain stroller is an ideal choice if you already have Graco products, such as car seats. This is because the stroller easily connects to such products, with a one step attachment feature, making life much easier overall! Aside from that, you’re getting peace of mind with the huge named brand, as well as many features to make the purchase worthwhile.
The Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect is a fantastic crossover stroller, combining the features of standard Graco stroller and maneuverability of jogger strollers to form an all-terrain stroller that is suitable for the beach.
- The stroller is lightweight, weighing just about 30 pounds making it the ideal beach stroller for the parent who is always on the go and needs a practical stroller.
- there is a three wheeled design, with a swivel and lockable front wheel for extra control over different types of terrain, including sand.
- The stroller also folds up quickly and easily, with an automatic lock for storage.
- The air filled tires of the Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger provides a great amount of suspension needed for smooth rides on all types of terrain.
Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight – Best Beach Jogging Stroller
It has a lightweight aluminum frame and large wheels to keep your child secure and relaxed as you jog around town.
Like most strollers, the Joovy Zoom is designed to fold and unfold with a quick release button. The folding mechanism works. However, the large stroller is awkward to open and close.
Perhaps the most interesting thing about this one is that it has an extra large seat that rests fairly high. So, your little passenger will have a great view and be able to soak in all of the beautiful beach scenery. The seat reclines, so it’s great for napping too.
- The Joovy Zoom features quality suspension, large wheels, and a sturdy aluminum frame to help eliminate the shock from bumps and potholes.
- The seat is positioned higher than most stroller seats. The stroller also includes a large canopy with a peek-a-boo window.
- It has a large storage basket underneath. So, you’ll be able to carry a whole lot of beach gear with you.
- The stroller is also equipped with a convenient organizer, side pockets, and a lower compartment.
Beach Stroller VS Regular Stroller
A question rises in mind, what is the difference between beach stroller and regular stroller! One of the biggest differences is that beach strollers are made with larger, rubber tires. Therefore, these can better maneuver through sand and other terrain that you would likely find at your local beach. When it comes to regular strollers, plastic wheels are much easier to take care of, though they tend to hit a wall when you take them onto any terrain beyond flat concrete.
Beach strollers are tending to be on the lighter end as well, though they are also typically a bit bulkier thanks to the larger wheels. In a way, this kind of evens them out with regular strollers when you consider transportability.
You might want to consider getting a beach stroller if you’re looking for a bit more flexibility to take your child just about anywhere. They’re not only easier to pus along the beach, but also far more comfortable for your child when going over bumpy terrain thanks to the included suspension.
On the other hand, you may just want to get a regular stroller if you need something that is easier to travel with, or if you never plan on taking your little one to the beach in the stroller.
Features to Look For When Buying a Beach Stroller
Before you begin your search, identify what type of usage you’re going to focus on. It is that you need to find the best stroller for a beach vacation only? Or is it that you want something which ticks many boxes, e.g. going to the mall, heading out walking on hiking trails, and beaches too? This will help inform your decision.
One thing that most strollers have in common is their double front wheels. The worry with these wheels is that they are more difficult to maneuver on difficult terrain, especially if they are pivoting. But if you have to opt for a stroller with this type of wheels, choose one with a mechanism that prevents the front wheels from rotating when the terrain where the stroller rolls is rough.
Car Seat Compatible
Some beach baby strollers are carseat compatible also, which is ideal if your child has fallen asleep and you don’t want to wake them during the transfer! It’s also vital to find out which carseats stroller is compatible.
Age Range Suitability
If the stroller is suitable for a child under six months then it will need to be able to recline to more than 150 degrees and it will also need to have a safety flat at the bottom, so they don’t slip out. Most beach strollers and all-terrain strollers are quite wide in their age range, but this is a point to bear in mind.
How easy is it to manoeuvre the stroller? Does the front wheel swivel? How easy is it to walk uphill and back down again? Bear in mind the weight and size.
How easy is it for the stroller to fold up, and does it stand up when folded, for easy storage? An all-terrain stroller can be bulky, so ease of storing it away is vital.
If you’re going to be travelling a lot then you need to go for the most lightweight choice you can find.
Safety should always come first, so always do your research into the safety rating and reviews of how safe it is. Does it have a five or three point harness? Five is always best, as a three point harness will only secure the upper body. When you’re moving over rough terrain or even sand, you need your child to be secure within the stroller. In addition, does it have a sun canopy, to protect your child from the sun? This is vital when you’re on the beach especially, and your little one wants a snooze, or you’re driving for a long period of time.
One Touch Brakes
One touch brakes are much safer than regular brakes, and that is vitally important on uneven ground and rougher terrain. In addition to this, they’re simply just easier to use too.
If you’re venturing to the beach or out for the day, you’re going to need more in the way of storage, so does it have extra storage under the seat? Does it have saddlebags? Does it have larger pockets? This is a feature to look for. In addition, does it have a tray for you, e.g. to put a drink on, phone, or keys, and does it have a tray for your child, for a drink or toys?
For your comfort and to enable you to control the stroller properly, it’s best to opt for a stroller which has an adjustable handle height.
As you walk your baby inside, choose a stroller that offers enough protection against the sun’s rays (and if possible against the rain). For this, opt for a Best Beach Stroller with a wide awning (canopy).
Frequency of Use Best Beach Stroller
Different reasons may justify the purchase of a Best Beach Stroller. So choose one that is suitable for your intended use. For example, if you are looking for a stroller to take your baby shopping, opt for a model with a large basket. If you want a stroller that you will use very often, opt for a stronger model, etc.
If you’re looking for a good beach stroller, the key is to get one with air filled tires, a good size canopy, and lots of storage space. There are many factors to look for when choosing the best stroller for the beach.
No matter the reason you’re looking for a beach stroller, our selection has something for everybody.
We tried our best to create a list that was diverse enough where everyone could find the perfect beach stroller for their needs. Even with that said, we highly recommend the BOB Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller. With the number of high-quality features, the all-terrain design, and the massive carrying capacity.
There are some other excellent all terrain strollers listed above that work really well for the beach as well. Some of these are perhaps a bit too expensive to justify as a “beach only” stroller, but work well if you go off road often.