There is no best baby infant car seat out there because everyone has different car model and company. And it is hard to define which one is best infant car seat for any type of car model. For example, infant car seat that fits properly in Honda Accord may not fit in Audi A3. There is only one way to ensure which infant car seat is good for your vehicle or car. And that is to install baby infant car seat after purchasing. And if installing the infant car seat requires moving passengers seat replace that infant car seat with smaller one.
The top priority is baby’s comfort in infant car seat. It does not matter either the comfort one is cheaper as compare to others. Or also you can use baby infant car seat for a year or maximum two so you don’t have to spend too much money on this. Simply buy a cheaper and comfortable one for this short period of time. According to a research rear-facing car seats are good for baby as they had an extremely low risk of any kind of injury in a crash or accident.
Types of Infant Car Seats
There are two types of infant car seats
- American infant car seat
- European infant car seat
The European baby infant car seats are more expensive as compared to American baby infant car seats because they have some additional safety feature like anti rebound feature. An anti rebound device is good during rare or impact collision as it prevents the head of the seats from flipping up and down. An anti rebound device is like the form of a load leg to prevent any kind of head injury during a collision.
European infant car seat has a European style belt path which means that the shoulder portion of the shoulder/lap is belt is routed behind the seat for a baseless belt installation. I recommend installing European trend infant car seat in taxis as it installs quickly and is also safe without a base.
Baby Car Seat Reviews
Here is the list of best cheap infant car seats
- Graco SungRide Click connect
- Graco Contender Convertible Car Seat
- Safety 1st grow & go
Stroller and Car Seat Compatibility
Ideally, people should select an infant car seat that is compatible with the stroller. It will save your money up to 40$. And yes for sure, this is very tricky, it is like the egg and chicken problem, the seat you choose depends on the stroller and vice versa. For this, you need to more about strollers.
Graco SungRide Car Seat
The Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seat is designed for the transportation of infants of between 5 pounds and 22 pounds, who are less than 29 inches in height.
Being one of the top rated car seats in America for safety and ease of use, the Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seat comes equipped with a 5 point harness, a base that stays in the car for ease of lifting the seat in and out, an ergonomically designed handle for comfortable carrying and a canopy fitted with a small window to enable you to see that your baby is okay.
There is an all weather boot to give additional warmth in the coolest weather. A double sided headrest is fitted to keep your baby’s head from bobbing about with the motion of the car. The car seat is filled with energy absorbent foam and for added comfort Gracopedic foam will give your baby an extra sumptuous ride. This means that you and your baby can both enjoy the trip, safe in the knowledge that your baby is well protected.
In Baby Car Seat Reviews, customer satisfaction with the Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seat is generally positive but one minor concern that appeared was that the fabric used in the covering seemed to make the baby hot and sweaty,even on the shortest of trips.
The weight of the car seat coming at 12.7 pounds, makes the Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seat somewhat lighter than other similar car seats, with shipping weight quoted at 16.0 pounds.
The added adaptability of the SnugRide makes this an ideal seat for babies up to the age of 7 months of age because the seat will also fit into the Graco swing, which has been on sale since its inception in 1955, and the Graco stroller so you can gently rock your baby to sleep even placing the seat on the floor – lifting the seat in and out of the stroller is an easy one handed job which is useful for transporting. It is also possible to transfer the seat to other cars without the need to remove the base from your own vehicle. The SnugRide is a rear orientated seat which makes the safety aspect of the SnugRide a very important feature.
- Lightweight infant car seat for easy carrying.
- Click Connect™ technology provides one-step secure attachment to Graco Click Connect strollers and bases.
- The seat is designed to protect babies rear-facing from 4 – 35 lbs.
- Adjustable base with 6 recline positions lets you customize fit to your vehicle.
- Machine-washable seat cushion.
Graco Contender 65 Convertible Baby Car Seat
The Graco Contender 65 is a convertible baby car seat that will stay with your baby from birth to grade school. Starting as a rear-facing car seat, the seat supports a child in the first year of life. Then, once your child is 40 pounds, you can switch it to its front-facing position to secure your child until he or she weighs 65 pounds. It allows children to enjoy premium features that usually found in expensive car seats.
The only key problem with most of convertible baby car seats is the lack of convenience. Infant car seats allow you to detach the carrier and attach it to a stroller, but the Graco Contender 65 convertible car seat will stay in your car permanently, meaning that you have to buy a separate travel system for your infant.
- The Contender 65 is suitable for use from 4 lbs, makes it a top notch choice for the ones who have, or who’re expecting, very small toddlers. So it can be used right after birth.
- The Graco Contender 65 comes with an infant insert which assists to provide additional support around the prone parts of your baby’s body and also boosts them up so that they can be seated in a safe and secure manner.
- The Contender 65 comes with a standard LATCH installation system.
- The seat includes a cup holder and a no-thread strap harness adjustment.
- The seat comes with EPS energy-absorbing foam for enhanced impact energy management.
- Graco boasts that the Contender 65 seat has completed or exceeded all applicable US safety standards during side impact testing.
- It has machine washable seat pads.
Safety 1st Grow & Go Car Seat
The safety 1st grow & go car seat is here with the best features. It’s a solid success in practicality, installation, and fit. It features an adaptable design that transforms from a rear-facing car seat to a forward-facing seat and finally to a booster seat. So your child can use it from infancy right through childhood. Grow & Go is fully reclined, the seat takes up a good amount of space front to back.
- The car seat built to GROW for extended use through 3 stages: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds, Forward-facing 22-65 pounds, and Belt-positioning booster 40-100 pounds.
- QuickFit™ Harness for easy adjustment of both harness and headrest in one simple step.
- No-rethread harness with 5 height positions and a separate infant position.
- Grow-with-baby pillows for a comfortable ride.
- Cover is easy to remove. Machine washable and dryable cover.
- 3 crotch strap positions.
- 2 integrated cup holders.
- Made in the USA!
These Baby Car Seat Reviews will surly help you to buy the best car seat for your baby.
Also Read: Stroller Reviews